Atchison Hospital is hiring a Revenue Cycle Clerk, PRN-status, to assist the public in taking payments on accounts and understanding billing procedures. This position also assists with registration of outpatients, ensures that accurate patient information is collected, verifies insurance benefits and eligibility, and assists the Revenue Cycle Director & Revenue Cycle Coordinator with special projects and assignments.
- Takes payments on accounts and understand billing procedures
- Ensures all incoming telephone calls are promptly and courteously answered and routed to the correct extension within the Hospital
- Performs paging, announcement of public messages, and responds to all inquiries in accordance with the Hospital policy
- Assists with registration of outpatients, ensures that accurate patient information is collected, verifies insurance benefits and eligibility
- Participates in the upfront collection process of co-pays, co-insurance, deductibles and discounts
- Assists Revenue Cycle Director & Revenue Cycle Coordinator with special projects and assignments
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills
- Prompt and courteous
- Excel skills
- Insurance knowledge
- Medical terminology
- Prior patient access/registration experience with medical billing and collections
- Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- PRN status
- No weekends
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
At a Glance
About Atchison Hospital
Atchison Hospital and Clinics is a healthcare network in Northeast Kansas dedicated to improving the health of the communities we serve, providing compassionate healthcare with clinical excellence. Our locations include a 25-bed acute care hospital in Atchison, Kansas; primary care, specialty care, and walk-in clinic facilities in Atchison; primary care clinics located in Troy and Horton, Kansas; and a clinic providing surgical services, orthopedic and sports medicine, and occupational medicine in Leavenworth, Kansas.
Atchison at a Glance
With a population of just over 11,000 people, Atchison maintains a friendly, community-oriented atmosphere with an array of diverse culture, thriving commerce, and exciting entertainment. Atchison is brimming with intriguing sites to explore. From Amelia Earhart’s birthplace museum to the Muchnic Art Gallery, there is sure to be something interesting for everyone. An easy drive to metropolitan areas like Kansas City, Lawrence, and Topeka makes for convenient travel, shopping, and sporting event adventures.